Stuffed sweet potatoes are the dinner option you've been looking for. They're filling and delicious and the options are endless.

Sweet potatoes are very nutritious; this hearty vegetable supports healthy skin and hair, lowers blood pressure, and has so many more health benefits. These health benefits are due to the iron, fiber, potassium, and vitamins A, C, and B6 in sweet potatoes. Luckily, they are just so easy to prepare and add to a meal.

Just wrap the ingredients for these stuffed sweet potatoes in aluminum foil, put them in the oven, and sit back while they're being made. Afterwards, I chose to top it off with some pico de gallo, but you can really choose any sauce or topping of your choice.

Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes

• 2 sweet potatoes
  • 2 thinly sliced chicken breasts
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 4 squares aluminum foil
  • 1/2 tomato optional
  • 1 slice onion optional
  • 1/4 cup cilantro optional
  • 1/2 lime optional
  • 1/4 avocado optional
  • 1 teaspoon salt optional
  • 1 teaspoon black pepper optional

Heat oven to 450°F. Cut sweet potatoes in half. Carefully poke holes in the potatoes with a knife.

sweet, bread
    Saleyka Calvillo

Cut chicken into small cubes.

sausage, sweet, beef, pork, meat
    Saleyka Calvillo

Place a square of aluminum foil under each sweet potato. Put the chicken on top of the potatoes. Season with salt and black pepper, and drizzle the olive oil over.

Saleyka Calvillo

Carefully fold in the corners of the aluminum foil and tightly seal each one.

sweet, candy, chocolate
    Saleyka Calvillo

Place in the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked.

sushi, fish, tacos, lobster
    Saleyka Calvillo

This part is optional, but adds a twist to the dish. While the food is baking, dice onion, tomato, and cilantro.

vegetable, salsa
    Saleyka Calvillo

In a bowl, mix in the vegetables, salt, and black pepper. Squeeze lime juice over, mixing everything together with a spoon.

salsa
    Saleyka Calvillo

Add the pico de gallo over the chicken once out of the oven.

Saleyka Calvillo

Serve with diced avocado.

tomato
    Saleyka Calvillo