This past month I visited my aunt in New York City where she gave me the gift of a visit to Spice Market, a restaurant specializing in Asian cuisine. It was there that I had my first ever mango chutney and I have yet to stop thinking about it since. I knew I couldn’t recreate it so I figured I would do the next best thing: put my own spin on it.
This Mango-Apple Chutney is beyond easy now that I know how to actually peel mangoes. It also features apple cider vinegar which has a myriad of health benefits. For real, ACV is the bomb.com. With just a little effort, you can take your boring AF chicken breast, tofu, pork, etc. from a 1 to a 10.
Easy Mango-Apple Chutney
- Prep Time:15 minutes
- Cook Time:1 hour and 10 minutes
- Total Time:1 hour and 25 minutes
- 3 mangoes, pitted, peeled, and chopped
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 large apple (i.e. Pink Lady), diced (do not peel)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric (optional)
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
Mix all ingredients together in a large saucepan.
Bring the mixture to a boil, then lower the heat and let simmer for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Stir every so often. Easy, right?
Take the saucepan off the heat. Leftover Mango-Apple Chutney can be stored in the refrigerator for around a month. To make it last longer, you can jar it.