These St. Patrick's Day cupcakes are the perfect themed cupcakes for March. They keep well for a couple of days and are a hit at parties and events for all ages. Feel free to switch up the decorations with icing for grass, a different type of candy for the pot of gold, or even mini marshmallows at the end of the rainbow for clouds—you really can't go wrong.

Get creative and these rainbow cupcakes will surely dazzle your guests. They are simply regular cupcakes dressed up with common ingredients to spice it up, nothing too intricate (anyone can do it).

Although they go fast, one batch makes up to 15 cupcakes and takes up just 50 minutes of your day. I started baking these in between classes while doing my laundry and still managed to execute the perfect cupcake. It's a very flexible recipe for the average person with a tight schedule.

They're not the healthiest, but is any food that's pretty also low calorie? I can't think of many except fruit-based ingredients. So have a cheat day and go for it, icing and sprinkles galore.

Rainbow Cupcakes

• 1 container store-bought icing
  • 1 box cake/cupcake mix your choosing
  • 1 package Rainbow Sour Belts Airhead Xtemes
  • 1 package Hershey's Kisses
  • Green sprinkles
  • Green food coloring
chocolate, cupcake, cake
Annalee Flaherty

Preheat oven to 350° F. Put cupcake liners into tin.

gif
    Annalee Flaherty

Mix batter (follow those directions according to box) until creamy, pour into cupcake liners about halfway, leave room for it to rise.

gif
    Annalee Flaherty

Bake for 30 minutes and let cool.

gif
    Annalee Flaherty

Add a few drops of green food coloring to your icing, if needed. Cover each cupcake in icing evenly after cooled.

gif
    Annalee Flaherty

Add sprinkles, 1/2 of a rainbow belt, and a chocolate kiss on wither side of the rainbow as the pot of gold.

#Spoontip: place one end on one side of the cupcake and the other on the farther side to resemble a rainbow.

gif
    Annalee Flaherty

Serve to all those hungry leprechauns lurking around in your house.

gif
    Annalee Flaherty