Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
2 pounds green beans, ends trimmed
2 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
2 tablespoons butter
4 cloves garlic, chopped
2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
1/4 cup soy sauce
Freshly ground black pepper
Bowl of ice water
1. Boil a large pot of salted water.
2. When boiling, add green beans until crisp-tender, about 2 or 3 minutes.
3. Immediately transfer to the bowl of ice water to stop the green beans from cooking further.
*By the way, this process is called “blanching”
5. In a large pan over medium-high heat, add canola oil and butter.
6. When butter is melted, add garlic and stir until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
7. Add green beans, soy sauce, sesame seeds, and black pepper. Saute until sauce reduces slightly and thoroughly coats green beans
*Make sure not to overcook green beans! You want them to retain their crunchiness.
8. Eat up!