All throughout lower and middle school I sported the title, “Queen of the Bakesale.” Whenever my class would have a sale, I’d bring in massive Rice Krispie treats the size of a large baby. They were inches thick and gooier then everyone else’s, boasting twice the amount of usual marshmallow. I always sold out first.
Now that I’m older and wiser and more mature I’ve moved away from the classic Rice Krispie treat in favor of something more elaborate, more decadent, more wild. I introduce you to the slutty Rice Krispie treat, the traditional snack’s older, sassier and more sinful cousin. Sandwiched with a layer of crushed Oreos and chocolate and laden with massive amounts of M&M’s, these babies give a whole new meaning to what Rice Krispie treats are capable of.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Servings: 8 hefty ones
3 tablespoons butter
1 ½ packages regular marshmallows (or 2 full ones if you’re me)
6 cups Rice Krispie cereal
1 large bag M&Ms
½ pack of Oreos, double stuffed preferred
1 small bag of semi sweet chocolate chips
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Put the butter and marshmallows in a microwave-proof bowl and microwave 3-4 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. The marshmallows should be puffy and melted.
- Add Rice Krispies and M&M’s and mix until well combined
- Press ½ of the sticky mixture into a greased/parchment coated pan, reserve the other ½ .
- Pop the chocolate chips + the vegetable oil in a heat proof bowl and microwave until melted, about 1 minute, then stir until smooth.
- Spoon the melted chocolate over the rice krispie treats and spread evenly.
- Aggressively crush the Oreos in a plastic bag, then sprinkle over the melted chocolate.
- Top with remaining krispie treat layer and press firmly. Cool and set for about 45 minutes.
- Cut into squares the size of your head and enjoy your new title.