This year, I made the New Year’s resolution to cut back on sweets. Which, yes, sounds great in theory, but down the road from my hotel there was a 16 Handles frozen yogurt shop. With that discovery, my resolution didn’t last for very long. Those of you who have experienced this know how challenging it can be to curb our enlarged sweet tooth. These Skinny Milkshakes are the solution. Instead of using ice cream as the main ingredient, these shakes use frozen bananas. The bananas provide the thick consistency and sweet flavor of a regular milkshake without all of their unhealthy side effects. And no, they do not taste like bananas. Unlike the typical juice cleanse, sipping these regularly is a New Year’s resolution I can actually sustain. Try all three, pick your favorite and you will be hooked too.

Vanilla Funfetti Milkshake

rsz_dsc_0833

The Vanilla Funfetti Milkshake is the perfect dessert for an ice cream addict, because it tastes just like the milkshakes you crave but without the calories. Blend together bananas, Greek yogurt and almond milk to make this guilt-free milkshake. Using an excess amount of sprinkles also makes it an irresistible treat. Blend together:

• 2 frozen bananas
  • ½ cup Greek yogurt
  • ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
  • ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
  • Sprinkles

Strawberry Milkshake

rsz_dsc_0840

The Strawberry Milkshake is the perfect blend of fruity and creamy. This berry-based milkshake is a treat you can have anytime during the day because of its refreshing and light flavors. Whip this up as a late night snack or a mid-day delight. Neither your taste buds nor your love handles will be disappointed. Blend together:

• 2 frozen bananas
  • 8 strawberries
  • ½ cup Greek yogurt
  • ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
  • ½ teaspoon vanilla extract

Mint Chocolate Chip Milkshake

rsz_dsc_0826

The Mint Chocolate Chip Milkshake is the ideal treat for chocolate lovers with a conscience. We all tend to underestimate the powerful flavors of peppermint and cocoa. All you need is a touch of each of these ingredients and you will forget entirely that this is a low calorie dessert. Blend together:

• 2 frozen bananas
  • ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
  • ½ cup Greek yogurt
  • 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract