Are you sick of eating the same bland oatmeal over and over again? Have no fear, sweet milk is here. Yes, that’s right. Sweetened condensed milk is the secret ingredient in this oatmeal recipe. Add this recipe to your breakfast routine and you won’t look at that boring bowl of oatmeal the same way again.
Prep Time: 0 min
Cook Time: 15min
Total Time: 15min
2 (rounded) cups “Quaker 1-minute” Oats — rounded cups will give you thicker oatmeal
4 cups water
2 cups milk
6 Tbsp sugar
6 Tbsp sweetened condensed milk
1. Add oatmeal to a non-heated large pot.
2. Add water.
3. Add milk . Turn the stove on to medium. Stir occasionally.
4. When it begins to boil, lower the heat and add sugar.
5. Add sweetened condensed milk. (The condensed milk may be hard to measure due to its viscous nature).
6. Continue stirring and bring to a boil. Cook for a couple of minutes until thick and creamy.
7. Serve with your choice of toppings (I like raspberries and chia seeds).
Hungry for more breakfast ideas? Check these out: