Pasta is a college staple, and for good reason: convenience is king. But just because pasta is easy doesn’t mean it can’t be elegant. Next time you find yourself craving a little luxury, whip up this hearty pasta with spicy sausage, savory mushrooms and decadent artichoke hearts.
Sausage and Artichoke Penne
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
1 pound penne
1 tablespoon olive oil
¾ pound spicy Italian sausage, sliced
½ large sweet onion, diced
½ pound cremini mushrooms, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ pound artichoke hearts
1 24-ounce jar tomato sauce
2 teaspoons dried oregano
3 tablespoons heavy cream
1 bunch parsley, roughly chopped
1 tablespoon Parmesan, shredded or grated
1. Boil pasta for 8-10 minutes, until al dente.
2. Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat.
3. Cook sausage for 3 minutes, until browned.
4. Add onion, mushroom and garlic to pan and cook until onions are translucent, stirring frequently.
5. Lower heat and stir in artichoke hearts, tomato sauce, oregano and cream.
6. Reduce sauce for 5 minutes and season with salt and pepper.
7. Combine pasta with sauce, transferring to larger pot if necessary.
8. Garnish with parsley and Parmesan.
Like this? We figured. Why don’t you pin it