This rustic, homey roasted veggie dish is the perfect comfort food for all you healthy eaters. You’d be surprised how much flavor comes from seasoning vegetables with just a little oil, salt and pepper, and there’s nothing easier than roasting vegetables—the oven does all the work! If you’re not a huge fan of one of these veggies, you can switch it out for the vegetable of your choice.  Try pearl onions or baby squash!

Level: Easy

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time:  50 minutes

5 large carrots
2 zucchini
1 bundle of asparagus
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste

1. Preheat oven to 450˚F.
2. Peel carrots and quarter lengthwise into thin strips.  Cut them in half so they are uniform in size to ensure same cooking rate.
3. Quarter zucchini lengthwise into thin strips and cut in half to make uniform pieces.
4.  Cut the ends of the asparagus to match the length of the other vegetables.  (All vegetables should be the same size.)
5. Spread out vegetables on a baking sheet so they are not overlapping. If you have several baking sheets, assign one to each vegetable.
6. Drizzle extra virgin olive oil over vegetables until they are coated evenly, then sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
7. Bake for about 40 minutes, checking periodically to make sure veggies aren’t burning.  To ensure best results, shake the pan every so often to turn over vegetables for an even roast.