While Valentine’s Day has come and gone, we at Spoon appreciate a good dessert anytime of the year. These red velvet cheesecake brownies are a hybrid of three of your favorite sweets: red velvet cake, cheesecake and brownies. Whether you’re craving something with chocolate or something with cream cheese frosting, these brownies will be right up your alley. Above all, they’re extremely easy to make and will be a unique addition to your baking repertoire.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Servings: 12 square brownies
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ cup cocoa powder
½ cup (1 stick) butter, melted
1 pinch salt
1 teaspoon red gel food coloring or 1 tablespoon liquid food coloring
¾ cup flour
Cheesecake Layer Ingredients
8 oz cream cheese, softened
¼ cup sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and grease the 8″x8″ baking pan with oil.
2. Mix together sugar, vanilla, cocoa, salt and butter in a large bowl. Stir in food coloring. Whisk in eggs one by one. Add in flour and stir.
3. Reserve 1/3 to 1/4 cup brownie batter, and pour remaining batter into prepared pan.
4. For cream cheese layer, blend together cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla until smooth.
5. Spread cream cheese blend over brownie layer. Dollop the 1/3 to 1/4 cup remaining red velvet batter on top, and use a butter knife to swirl. Once you’re satisfied with the design, bake for 30 min in oven.
6. Let cool for 15-20 minutes in pan, then transfer to a cutting board. Cut into squares and serve.
Adapted from Kawaii Sweet World