Wondering what to do with all those bananas you’ve taken from the dining hall? Wonder no more. Here’s a recipe for a mouth-watering, creamy banana pudding, inspired by Magnolia Bakery. Primarily known for their cupcakes, Magnolia Bakery also sells the best banana pudding you will ever taste.
Although it’s hard to believe that something so delicious could at the same time be incredibly easy to replicate, here’s a recipe for banana pudding that tastes almost exactly like Magnolia’s banana pudding.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 4-24 hours (chilling)
Total Time: 5-24 hours
1 ½ cups water
²⁄3 cup instant vanilla pudding mix
1 (14-oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
3 cups heavy cream
1 (12-oz.) box vanilla wafers
4 bananas, sliced
1. Mix together the water, pudding mix, and sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight until it sets up.
2. Whip heavy cream until a soft form is reached. If you don’t have a beater, you can whip the cream with a fork or spoon, although it will take much longer, it will still work.
3. In a bowl, layer vanilla wafers, sliced bananas, and pudding mixture; continue until you’ve used up all the pudding mixture.
4. Refrigerate for at least another 30 minutes before serving.
5. Crush up some extra vanilla wafers on top, serve, and enjoy.
Learn more about bananas and the delicious snacks you can make with them: