When you think about Thanksgiving, you think “turkey”. When you think about Easter, you may think “ham”. But if you’re anything like me, you think about the side dishes. Face it – without the sides, the dinner just wouldn’t cut it.
For me, that one deal-breaker is my family’s broccoli casserole. If it’s there, I’m happy. If it’s not on the table, I’m confused.
Warning: If you read “broccoli” and thought “healthy”, you may as well stop reading. We were all hoping this dish was healthy, but unfortunately, it’s not even close. But, hey, it’s delicious!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes
Three 10-oz. packages chopped frozen broccoli
1.5 cups mayo
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
3 eggs, well beaten
1 medium onion, minced
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
Parmesan cheese to taste
1. Cook broccoli for five minutes and drain.
2. Finely beat eggs and chop onion.
3. Mix mayo, cheddar cheese, eggs, onion and Cream of Mushroom soup in a large pot. Stir frequently on low heat until well blended.
4. Add mixture to the drained broccoli and mix.
5. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.
6. Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes or until hot. Let cool for ten minutes, serve and enjoy!
Like this recipe? Check out these related posts: