Summer tastes good. Summer tastes really good. In case “good” doesn’t satisfy you as a description of summer, let me expand. Summer tastes like tomatoes and sweet fat kernels of corn and the raspberries that grow wild in my backyard. Right now the raspberries are in their prime, meaning not only are they plump and ripe but they’re also abundant. Even if you don’t have them in your backyard, you have plenty of berries in your nearest grocery store. Grab them, nurture them, then make this easy four ingredient jam.
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 32 minutes
Servings: 1 jar of jam
4 cups raspberries
2 cups sugar
Juice of 2 lemons
1 tablespoon butter
1. Throw the berries, sugar and lemons in a saucepan.
2. Turn your burner on medium heat, and stir the mixture constantly until it boils.
3. Lower the heat and cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. The jam will look soupy and this is okay!
4. Remove jam from heat after 30 minutes, and stir in butter.
5. Pour into a jar and cool before refrigerating.
6. Eat on toast. Eat on ice cream. Eat plain.