I think we can all relate to wanting to order all the sushi on the menu of our favorite Japanese restaurant. While our stomachs can handle it, our wallets definitely can't.

Although quinoa sushi is far from what you see at many restaurants, it'll do the trick if you are craving sushi rolls and feeling a bit health conscious. So the next time you need to clean out your fridge to prepare dinner, simply stuff everything in these quinoa rolls and call it a day.

Quinoa Sushi Rolls

• 1 cup chicken/vegetable broth
  • 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
  • 1 package dried seaweed sheets
  • 1 cucumber
  • 1 avocado
  • 4 oz. cooked ham
  • 2 eggs
sweet
Emily Li

Rinse, drain, and add the quinoa to a pot with water or broth.
    Bring it to a boil, lower the heat, and let it simmer for 20 minutes or until all the water is absorbed. Allow the quinoa to cool completely.

coffee, cereal, cinnamon
    Emily Li

Beat the eggs, add some salt and pepper, and pour all of it into a heated, oiled pan. When most of the egg has set, flip it over and cook for 10 seconds.

dairy product, cream, egg, vegetable, sweet
    Emily Li

Slice the egg sheet, cucumber, and ham into long strips. Also cut the avocado into thin slices.

vegetable, sweet
    Emily Li

Spread a thin layer of quinoa on a sheet of seaweed. Line up as much of the other ingredients as you want in the middle.

bread, cereal
    Emily Li

Roll everything together.

#SpoonTip: Use a bamboo sushi mat to make rolling easier. Cover the mat with plastic wrap or stick it in a big Ziploc bag to make cleanup faster too.

vegetable, chocolate
    Emily Li

Cut the roll into pieces or don't cut it at all, and enjoy with soy sauce and/or wasabi!

sushi, avocado, rice, salmon, fish, tuna, nori
    Emily Li

#SpoonTip: You can turn this recipe vegetarian or vegan by using vegetable broth or water, and substituting the filling ingredients with more vegetables and/or protein of your choice.