Being from the West (best) coast, it’s slightly difficult for me to admit, the New Yorkers got it right with this new fad. NYC’s own Edoughble and Cookie DO are quickly turning into the next neighborhood frozen yogurt shops where the possibilities are endless. This quick and easy dessert is sure to pleasure any sweat tooth you may have.
Although clean eating may be all the rage, especially with summer quickly approaching, that doesn’t mean we can’t indulge every once and a while. And now we can lessen that guilt by not having our conscious (or moms) freaking us out about salmonella poisoning. If making cookies includes quickly sneaking one-too-many cookie dough scoops, fret no more —edible cookie dough is here for you!
This is one bandwagon you’re going to want to jump up on this season. If you don’t believe cookie dough can be as good as your mom used to make it, you haven’t tried this recipe.
Note: It has applesauce in it, that counts as healthy right?
Now you really have no excuses, give it the old college try!
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Cook Time: None (Its raw, duh.)
Total Time: 10 minutes ( 1 hour if you like your cookie dough slightly frozen)
Servings: 30+ heaping tablespoons
1 cup (2 sticks) of butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup applesauce
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. In a large bowl, cream together ( mix/beat on medium-high) butter, salt and sugar until it resembles a thick frosting.
2. Add in applesauce and vanilla extract, mix until combined.
3. Turn mixer or beaters down to medium-low and add in flour.
4. Mix all until it resembles a batch of beautiful cookie dough.
5. Fold in chocolate chips–or any candies of your choosing–with a spatula.
6. Stick a spoon in it, and enjoy!
This quick treat will always be a good addition to any college freezer