The next time you reach for another chip or Girl Scout Cookie donut, consider trying a simple low-carb snack alternative that’ll also have your taste buds humming. As simple as stacking these four ingredients on top of each other, these low-carb apricot bites are a quick, easy and guilt-free snack.
The sweetness of the apricot, the creaminess of the goat cheese, the crunch and salt of the almonds and the tangy umami of the balsamic vinegar create the perfect pop-able bite to keep you on track. If you have 5 minutes to go to town on some cheesy nachos, you have enough time to make and enjoy these delicious morsels of elevated snacking.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
Servings: Varies per container of apricots
1 container dried apricots
4 ounces goat cheese
½ cup sliced almonds (or whole)
About 2 tablespoons balsamic reduction
1. Generously top your dried apricots with goat cheese.
2. Place almonds on top of the goat cheese.
3. Drizzle balsamic reduction over apricot bites.
These yummy morsels are great for long train rides, impressing your friends as an hors d’oeuvre or making a healthy substitute for a bag of chips. Since the apricots add a bit of sweetness, you can even make these as a special dessert! Enjoy.
For more healthy recipes, check these out:
- This 2-step Hemp ‘Ice Cream’ Will Change How You Look At Breakfast
- Here’s Why You Should Be Eating Cactus
- 2 Guilt-Free Pizzas You Can Have Anytime