If you’re looking for a new way to eat pizza, this “pizzadilla” recipe is just the thing you need. Think of it as a sort of thin crusted deep-dish pizza— two tortillas encase a generous layer of pizza sauce and cheese, which is topped off with another spreading of sauce, cheese and anything else that you like or just happen to have in the kitchen.
At the risk of being hyperbolic, this recipe is likely to change the way you view homemade pizza forever. It’s simply the perfect mix of speedy, easy and mouthwatering savoryness.
Also, as someone slightly intimidated by the notion of making homemade pizza dough, I like the fact that you can buy the “crust” for a pizzadilla conveniently packaged in resealable bags and store it for days in your pantry.
I think the best way to make pizzadillas is in single-servings, that way each person gets one made exactly how they want them. Honestly, smaller tortillas are also what happen to fit in my cast iron skillet. You should make these as big or as small as you want. The ingredients below are for one that’s about 8 inches wide.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 8-10 minutes
Total Time: 13-15 minutes
Servings: 1-2 (depends on size of tortillas)
2 tortillas (flour or corn)
1-2 teaspoons olive oil
4-5 tablespoons pizza sauce
1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
Some pepperoni slices
Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Preheat your broiler and skillet with a few teaspoons of oil.
2. Place one of your tortillas into the pan and begin assembling your pizzadilla.
3. Spoon on a thin layer of that garlicky sweet pizza sauce.
4. Sprinkle on a generous layer of cheese.
5. Place another tortilla on top, and allow the cheese to melt for a minute.
6. In one cautious yet confident motion, flip the ‘dilla.
7. Begin assembling again. Sauce, cheese and this time pepperoni.
8. Throw your pizza under the broiler for a few minutes to melt the cheese on top, and you’re done. Sprinkle with Parmesan if desired, and enjoy.
Like this? We figured. Why don’t you pin it?
Still hungry? Check out these pizza recipes: