The time of the year is upon us when grown men and women revert to their five-year-old selves, gallivanting through peach orchards and plucking sweet fruit underneath the summer sun. Just as it was so many years ago, it still is the sweet juice dribbling down your chin that really gets you.

Whether you are in Austin, Texas or Paris, Texas—only a jaunt further you could say—grab your keys and hit the road because peach season is here and Fredricksburg is calling your name. There are several places you can pick your own fruit in Fredricksburg, but my family has always had luck at Marburger Orchard. We have been going there for years and their peaches never disappoint. Of course there will be vendors along the road selling them by the box, but come on, the fun is all in picking your own!

The only hard part about this decision will be how to enjoy your fresh peaches. To get you started, here is a recipe for a personal sized, microwavable peach cobbler adapted from Cooking Classy. And for those of you unfortunate enough to live outside of Texas, fear not. This recipe works with all peaches.

Easy

Prep Time: 3 minutes
Cook Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 6 minutes

Servings: 1

peach

Photo by Cameron Young

1 tablespoon butter
3 tablespoons Bisquick/ Pioneer Baking Mix
½ teaspoon sugar
1-2 dashes cinnamon
2 ½ tablespoons milk
1 Fredricksburg peach (any variety)
Optional: add brown sugar for topping before microwaving

peach

Photo by Cameron Young

1. In a mug, place 1 tablespoon of butter and microwave until melted.

peach

Photo by Cameron Young

2. In a separate bowl, mix Bisquick, sugar, cinnamon and milk to make the topping. TIP: The original recipe calls for cake mix instead of Pioneer baking mix (aka Bisquick), but I didn’t want to open a package of cake mix so I used the biscuit mix and sweetened with sugar. You can do either.

peach

Photo by Cameron Young

3. Pour topping on the melted butter and do not stir.

peach

Photo by Cameron Young

4. Peel and dice the fresh peach, and add to the mug. If desired, sprinkle with brown sugar.

peach

Photo by Cameron Young

5. Microwave for approximately 2 minutes on high or until the batter rises.

6. Have a little laugh because you just made cobbler in the microwave. What would Martha say?

peach

Photo by Cameron Young

More Peachy Inspiration Here: