Hello, we’ve been eggspecting you.

You’re reading this article right now because a) you love eggs or b) you’re wondering why the photo looks nothing like the dry yellow fluff that Cafe 84 serves in the mornings (are those even qualified to be called eggs?). In this easy 5 minute recipe, you’ll fall in love with this treasured breakfast staple.

Easy

Prep Time: 1 minute
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: less than 10 minutes

Servings: 2

4 eggs
½ cup milk/soy milk/almond milk
1 pinch salt
1 tablespoon butter

Directions

1. Beat eggs, milk and salt into a consistently smooth mixture, and pour into pan.

egg recipe breakfast healthy

Photo by Flickr user Alex Gorzen

2. Heat up butter in pan on low heat setting. Be careful not to let the butter brown.

egg recipe breakfast healthy

Photo by Flickr user Taryn

3. Pour egg mixture into pan and let sit for 20 seconds.

egg recipe breakfast healthy

Photo by Simply Scratch Laurie McNamara

4. Fold mixture in large clumps, allowing it to solidify in soft masses.

egg recipe breakfast healthy

Photo by Flickr user Sandy Austin

5. Repeat until desired consistency is attained.

egg recipe breakfast healthy

Photo by Flickr user The Food Pornographer

Pro-Tips

1. Your scramble will tend to taste more savory when it is runny in some places.
  2. Not sure which oil to fry those babies in? Coconut oil is recommended because it gives the eggs an irresistible aroma when cooked, but other oil will do the job still though! 

In just 5 minutes, you have prepared one of nature’s healthiest foods. Eggs are super helpful for losing weight, revving up your metabolism for a busy day and keeping you fuller longer to fight off mindless snacking. Enjoy with ketchup, pepper, or whatever your heart desires.

6763331479_7d27768ddc_b