Christmas cookies are really fun to look at and really fun to make. These cookies are no exception, where – once again — chocolate meets peppermint. You’ll love these cookies during the holidays and don’t be afraid to get creative and customize your decorating.
Recipe adapted from yummy mummy kitchen
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: About 20 minutes
Servings: About 2 dozen cookies
⅓ cup of flour
¼ cup of cocoa powder
1 stick of butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking powder
⅔ cup of brown sugar
Pinch of salt
1 bag of Dove peppermint bark chocolates
1 container of white frosting
Red and green crushed candy canes
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Spray a baking sheet very lightly with non-stick baking spray.
3. Divide the bag of chocolates in half and set one half aside for later. Add the remaining half into a bowl along with the butter. Melt in three 30 second intervals in the microwave until smooth.
4. Mix the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and a pinch of salt in another bowl.
5. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and sugar until light yellow.
6. Add the flour mixture and the melted chocolate mixture into the bowl with the beaten eggs and mix well. Beat until the dry ingredients are fully incorporated.
7. Chop the rest of the Dove chocolates.
8. Fold the chocolate pieces into the batter.
9. Drop tablespoons of batter on the baking sheet.
10. Bake for about 10 minutes.Remove from the oven and let completely cool.
11. Using a knife or a mini spatula spread the white frosting in an even layer on each cookie. Sprinkle the crushed candy cane on top.