You’re probably thinking, “Not another peanut butter and chocolate recipe!” Or maybe you’re thinking—as you rightfully should—“Another peanut butter and chocolate recipe! YES.” It’s no coincidence that peanut butter and chocolate are so frequently paired together. When peanut butter and chocolate collide, magical things happen.
These cookies are no exception. They’re the perfect way to express yourself be it, “I love you,” or “I’m sorry,” or “Just give me all the cookies!” They’re always a hit and, with their resemblance to little flowers, are great for an Easter-themed dessert table as well.
Note: You will eat at least five of these after they come out of the oven. Our advice? Just let it happen. It’s okay.
Cook Time: 20 min
Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 30 min
Servings: 30 cookies
1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
½ cup packed dark brown sugar
1 stick (8 tablespoons) butter, cubed
½ peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
30 chocolate kisses
Special equipment: 2 large baking sheets and a stand mixer
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, sift the flour, baking soda and salt.
3. Fit a stand mixer with the paddle attachment. Place the brown sugar, butter, peanut butter and ½ cup sugar into the bowl and mix on medium speed until fluffy (about 3 minutes).
4. Once fluffy, add the egg and vanilla extract until incorporated, while still mixing.
5. Turn the mixer to low and add the flour mixture until just combined, making sure not to over-mix the dough.
6. Shape the dough into 1-inch balls.
7. In a small bowl, place 2 tablespoons sugar.
8. Roll the dough balls in the sugar.
9. Place the balls on baking sheets, 2 inches apart.
10. Place the baking sheets in the oven for 10 minutes.
11. Remove the cookies from the oven and insert Kisses into the middle of each cookie.
12. Let cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring the cookies to a wire cooling rack, or a room-temperature plate.
PB-Chocolate cravings still not quenched? Give these a try: