Grab your blender and start mixin’ because this milkshake is the perfect fuel for finals week. It’s packed with protein from yogurt, nuts and trendy chia seeds, but tastes way better than those powder shakes. Try it for breakfast, as a snack, after a workout or before a late night study session to keep your energy up. It tastes so good, you’ll trick your body into thinking you just downed an authentic diner milkshake. Roller skates optional.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 2 minutes
Total Time: 7 minutes
1 ripe banana
1 cup ice
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
2 tablespoons non-fat greek yogurt
2 tablespoons peanut butter
1/4 cup almonds
1 teaspoon chia seeds (optional, but they help with digestion!)
1. Put ice in blender and pulse until most of it is shaved.
2. Add in almond milk, banana, yogurt and peanut butter. Blend until mostly smooth.
3. Add almonds and chia seeds. Feel free to fatten this up by adding some chocolate chips or peanut butter chips.
4. Blend until smoothness is to your liking.
5. Pour into a glass and garnish with whipped cream, chocolate sauce or chocolate chips. Enjoy with a side of berries… or cookies.