One of my favorite fall comfort foods is a rich and juicy cobbler. With all of the fresh produce available this fall, there is nothing more satisfying than mixing it all together to prepare a gooey, succulent dessert. This season’s abundance of beautiful fruits inspired me to get into the kitchen, and to put some of my recent Produce Station purchases to good use. This cobbler is extremely easy to make, and trust me, the time spent cooking is worth it.
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
Total time: 1 hour 25 minutes
Servings: 1 pie
10-12 large peaches
1 lemon, zested
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 1/2 cups, 2-3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 pint raspberries
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup oatmeal
1/2 pound cold, unsalted butter, diced
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and butter the inside of a baking dish.
discount nike free run shoes
2. Immerse peaches in boiling water for 30 seconds, then immediately place them in cold water.
3. Peel off the skins of the peaches and slice into thick wedges. Place into a large bowl.
4. Add lemon zest, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar and 2 tablespoons flour. Toss well.
5. Mix in the raspberries gently. Pour mixture into baking dish and smooth out the top.
6. In a separate bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 1 cup granulated sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar, salt, oatmeal and cold diced butter.
7. Mix dry mixture with a spoon or electric mixer until butter is pea-sized and mixture is crumbly.
18. Sprinkle mixture on top of the peaches and raspberries.
9. Bake for 1 hour, until top is browned and juices are bubbly.
10. Serve cobbler immediately. Best if served a la mode!