Don’t want to trek outside in the cold Chicago weather? Ditch the trip to the supermarket, and make dinner tonight from your freezer. Here’s one way to transform your frozen vegetables into a filling and savory pasta dinner in just 20 minutes.
Total Time: 20 minutes
½ cup frozen vegetables (peas, asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and peppers all work well)
8 ounces penne pasta
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
½ cup grape tomatoes, sliced
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente, about 10 minutes.
2. Defrost vegetables.
3. Heat oil in a medium-sized skillet and add garlic.
4. Add defrosted vegetables and tomatoes to skillet and cook for about 3 minutes.
5. Drain pasta. Add pasta and Parmesan to skillet.
6. Season with salt and pepper.