Roasting veggies is one of the easiest ways to cook them (and healthy too!) But this isn’t your average roasted broccoli recipe. This one includes red pepper flakes to give the green buds a spicy and delicious kick. It’s also topped with savory parmesan cheese and sweet, acidic lemon juice to give the broccoli a whole range of flavor.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 22 minutes
Servings: 4 (as a side dish)
2 bunches of broccoli equaling about 4 cups
1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil (or if you’re feeling fancy, garlic grapeseed oil)
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Salt and pepper to taste
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Preheat oven to 425ºF
2. Slice the bunches of broccoli into florets (little individual broccoli pieces) and then into halves or quarters. Leave a couple inches of stem on each piece. Transfer to large bowl.
3. Sprinkle red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper onto broccoli.
4. Drizzle oil evenly over broccoli.
5. With your hand or a large spoon, toss the broccoli in the bowl until evenly covered with the seasoning and oil.
6. Spread out broccoli onto a parchment paper-covered cookie sheet.
*No parchment paper? Spray the cookie sheet with Pam or grease it up with some olive oil.
*No cookie sheet? Use a shallow glass pan.
10. Eat up!