I admit, Oreos are a bit of a luxury for me. I didn't have a proper kitchen my first year at college, so anything resembling an actual dessert was a definite rarity. Whenever I met up with friends, devouring several packs of Oreos was way more likely than having a civilized cheesecake.But it turns out that microwaves are not the end of baking. In fact, this no-bake Oreo cheesecake only needs a microwave and a fridge. 

Finally, the dreams of my first-year self can be fulfilled. This recipe takes Oreos to the next level, and creates a cheesecake packed with cookies. It also happens to look just like a giant Oreo, too. If you want to bake an impressive, gluttonous dessert to share with friends, but only have a microwave to work with, well, this Oreo cheesecake ticks all the boxes.

Giant Oreo Cheesecake

• Prep Time:1 hr
  • Cook Time:0
  • Total Time:1 hr

• 3 packs Oreos 455g divided
  • 150g butter divided
  • 50g white chocolate melted
  • 25g sugar
  • 250g mascarpone
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 50g dark chocolate melted
chocolate, brownie, cream, butter, cake, chocolate cake, peanut butter, peanut
Kierri Price

Crush 2 1/2 packs Oreos for the base with a rolling pin until they resemble crumbs.

cereal, herb, condiment, relish
    Kierri Price

Melt 125g butter in a microwave (30 second bursts).

cream, tea, sweet, vinaigrette
    Kierri Price

Pour the butter into the Oreo crumbs, and stir until combined.

herb, coffee, cereal, relish, tea, condiment
    Kierri Price

Grease a springform cake tin, tip in half of the Oreo crumbs, and smooth down with the back of a spoon.

Chill in the fridge while you make the filling.

coffee, herb, cereal, tea, condiment, hash
    Kierri Price

Stir together the melted white chocolate, 25g softened, butter, sugar, mascarpone, and vanilla extract until creamy.

cream, milk, dairy product, flour, sweet, butter, dough, dairy
    Kierri Price

Break the remaining 1/2 pack of Oreos into pieces (keep one Oreo if you want to do the decoration later).

herb, chocolate, tea, sweet, coffee
    Kierri Price

Stir the Oreo pieces into the mascarpone mixture.

cream, herb, artichoke, dairy product, milk, vegetable
    Kierri Price

Take the cake tin out of the fridge, and carefully remove the Oreo base with a palette knife. Place on a sheet of greaseproof paper, and put back in the fridge.

sweet, chocolate, cake, pastry, flour
    Kierri Price

Tip the remaining Oreo crumbs into the cake tin, and smooth down with a spoon.

coffee, chocolate, sweet, cereal, hash
    Kierri Price

Tip the filling mixture into the cake tin, and smooth to the edges. Refrigerate until set.

cream, chocolate, dairy product, sweet, cookie, milk, cake, coffee
    Kierri Price

When everything has set, take the cake tin and the base out of the fridge. Carefully remove the cheesecake from the tin, and press the base onto it.
    Place back in the fridge while you make the decoration.

chocolate, ice cream, ice, cream, cookie
    Kierri Price

For the decoration, pour the melted dark chocolate into a piping bag. Using the spare Oreo as a guide, pipe a pattern onto the top of the cheesecake.

chocolate, candy, sweet, milk chocolate, milk, coffee
    Kierri Price

Serve to admiring friends.

chocolate, cream, cake, sweet, pie, candy, pastry, goody, brownie
    Kierri Price