I hated salads. That is until I realized the salads that I was eating barely counted as salads. Now my days of eating iceberg lettuce, tomatoes, and olives with a little bit of Italian dressing are far and few. Over the past few months I’ve stepped up my salad game and have gained a considerable amount of salad making credibility with my friends.
This doozy of a salad is a combination of sweet and tangy, crunchy and smooth, fruits and veggies. The best part is, you can make this using ingredients found in all the dining halls. For an added bonus, you can add goat or feta cheese if you take you salad to go.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
2 cups spinach
2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
2 tablespoons walnuts
2 tablespoons pecans
1 apple sliced
1/2 cup mandarin oranges
1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
1. Rinse spinach and add to bowl.
2. Drain juice from mandarin oranges and set aside.
3. Slice apples into either quarters or eights depending on your bite size preference.
4. Remove seeds from pomegranate and set aside.
5. Mix nuts and seeds.
6. Toss spinach, walnuts, pecans, sunflower seeds, mandarin oranges, apples and pomegranate seeds together.
7. Add raspberry vinaigrette and serve cold.