After one of those long nights spent living it up with my friendly college co-eds at the football house, I usually wake up feeling a bit, ahem, under the weather. This decadent pancake recipe is just for those days and the ingredients will zap any hangover.
Bananas and peanut butter contain tons of potassium to counteract dehydration, while walnuts are packed with neuroprotective compounds to regain the brain cells you lost last night. Finally, the sugar rush soothes any pounding head.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
1 cup pancake mix
½ cup milk
1 banana, mashed
Peanut butter (to taste)
Nutella (to taste)
Chocolate chips (to taste)
Chopped walnuts (to taste)
Sliced bananas (optional)
1. Lightly oil pan and place over medium heat.
2. While the pan heats, combine pancake mix, milk, eggs, and mashed banana in a large bowl. Stir until the batter is smooth.
3. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using about ¼ cup for each pancake.
4. Before pancakes solidify, spoon in globs of peanut butter and Nutella, and sprinkle in chips and walnuts. Spoon a small amount of batter over the add-ins so they don’t burn.
5. Wait until batter starts bubbling (around 2-3 minutes), then flip pancake. Wait another minute for the flipped side to turn golden brown, then plate.
6. If desired, spoon extra sliced bananas and chips on top of the pancakes and drizzle the stack with melted nutella.
If you’re looking for something a little healthier (but probably much less delicious), check out healthy hangover cure recipes.