Trying to find a quick, satisfying snack or a new topping for Greek yogurt? You could buy some granola at the store, or you could make this relatively easy recipe. Granola may top the list for not-so-healthy health foods, but eating bananas has plenty of benefits as well. If you want to make this recipe even healthier, add some flaxseed or chia seeds.
Adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
4 cups oats
1 cup chopped almonds
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 mushy, ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
1/2 cup Nutella or any chocolate hazelnut spread
1/4 cup maple syrup, agave nectar or honey
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup banana chips
3/4 cup chocolate chips of choice
Optional: 1/2 ground flax or chia seeds
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease a cookie sheet.
2. Combine oats, almonds, cinnamon and optional ingredients if desired.
3. Microwave mashed banana, Nutella, maple syrup/agave/honey, vanilla extract and salt for a minute.
4. Stir until combined.
5. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
6. Pour onto greased cookie sheet and spread evenly.
7. Bake for about 15 minutes, then stir and bake for another 15 minutes.
8. Remove from oven, and, while hot, add chocolate chips and banana chips and stir. Store in tightly sealed container.
Tip: For easy clean-up, line the cookie sheet with foil.