One of my favorite things in the whole world is dark chocolate, so naturally I try to incorporate it into any dish I can. These dark chocolate and coconut bars are easy, inexpensive, and delicious. With only four ingredients, you most likely have half of them in your kitchen already. These bars are perfect as a mid meal snack or a dessert, and not to mention light on the waistline!
Prep Time: 0 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour
Servings: 10-12 bars
3 tablespoons granulated white sugar
6 tablespoons coconut oil (plus 1/2 teaspoon for later)
1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
1 cup dark chocolate chips
1. In a medium saucepan, melt sugar and 6 tablespoons coconut oil until combined and fully melted, about 4-5 minutes. (Be careful not to burn!)
2. Once melted, turn off heat and add in coconut flakes, stirring to combine.
3. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and pour mixture in. Firmly press down mixture into pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes until cool.
4. In a microwave safe bowl, melt dark chocolate and 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil at 45 second increments, stirring in between each until fully melted.
5. Once fully melted and smooth, pour chocolate over coconut mixture in pan and spread to cover evenly.
6. Refrigerate for another 20 minutes until chocolate has cooled and hardened. Cut into squares and enjoy!