What do you get when you combine a thick layer of gooey peanut butter and rich Nutella with generous amounts of powdered sugar and butter? Pure heaven that’s what. PSA: drop the calorie counting for this one folks.
These puppies are a culinary lovechild of soft, chewy chocolate fudge and everybody’s favorite candy, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. Once you sink your teeth into one (or 15) of these little pinwheels of happiness, life as you knew it will change forever, sending you into a world of pure peanut butter and Nutella bliss.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes (chilling)
Total Time: 80 minutes
Servings: 2 logs (about 40 pinwheels)
1 (16-oz.) box powdered sugar
1-2 cups powdered sugar (more or less to keep dough from sticking to paper)
½ cup butter, softened
3 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup Nutella
1. In large bowl, combine 2 cups powdered sugar, butter, milk and vanilla (should be stiff and dough-like).
2. Refrigerate dough for a few minutes to prevent sticking.
3. Divide dough into 2 balls and roll each ball out to pie crust thickness (Use parchment paper and plenty of powdered sugar both over and under dough to keep from sticking).
4. Heat Nutella in microwave until runny and spread evenly over rolled dough.
5. Heat peanut butter in microwave until runny and spread evenly over Nutella layer.
6. Roll dough into a log (you may have to sprinkle a little more powdered sugar on it as you go to help with stickiness). Refrigerate at least 1 hour and slice into ¼ inch pinwheels.
Recipe adapted from Food.com.
Check out these articles for more peanut butter and Nutella creations: