Stir-fry has all the elements of a go-to dinner: it’s easy, quick and only requires one pan. This ginger-soy-garlic sauce is restaurant-worthy, and you can customize the vegetables and sauce to your liking. Feel free to add a meatier protein, or try topping the dish with crushed peanuts and bean sprouts for a gourmet flare. To make the dish even more convenient, substitute frozen vegetables; you won’t even taste the difference.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
¾ cup broccoli
½ bell pepper
4 ounces tofu
½ cup snap peas
½ cup cooked rice
2 teaspoons peanut oil
1 tablespoon water
½ clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon minced ginger
2 tablespoons soy sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat large skillet over high heat then add peanut oil.
2. Add broccoli to skillet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Add snap peas, bell peppers and water.
4. Pour soy sauce over vegetables. Add garlic and ginger. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
5. Add tofu. Cook until it is warmed through, about 1 minute. Turn off heat.
6. Scoop rice onto plate. Ladle stir-fry on top.
*For heatseekers, add a dash of sriracha or chili sauce on top.