When brownie, Oreo and minty gooey goodness fuse in a pie pan, little leprechauns do a happy dance somewhere behind the rainbow. Your taste buds will thank you when you eat this pie. We used a simple brownie base for this recipe’s “pie crust” by halving a traditional brownie mix and baking it in a pie pan. The filling combines mint with marshmallow creme, whipped cream and Oreo crumbles.
This is the pie to make and serve for Pi Day (coming up on March 14th) or St. Patrick’s Day (March 17th). Heck, make it twice. It’s incredibly easy, and it’s that good.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Freeze Time: 3 hours
Total Time: 3 hours 20 minutes
½ package brownie mix
⅛ cup vegetable oil
2 cups marshmallow creme
2 cups Cool Whip or whipped cream
1 teaspoon mint extract*
8 drops green food coloring*
5-10 crumbled Oreos
*Use ¼ cup creme de menthe in place of the mint extract and food coloring if you’re feeling extra festive and have it on hand.
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F.
2. Halve the recipe of your 8×8 brownie mix and prepare the batter. For our pie’s base, we used ½ package mix, ½ an egg and ⅛ cup vegetable oil.
3. Pour brownie mix in a 9-inch pie pan, and place into a preheated oven for half the amount of time indicated on the box. Meanwhile, crush your Oreos. If you have Cool Mint Oreos on hand, use them. Thin Mints work as well.
4. In a large bowl, combine whipped cream, marshmallow creme, mint extract and food coloring. Mix thoroughly.
5. Fold in crumbled Oreo pieces.
6. Remove brownie base from the oven. Let cool for 10 minutes.
7. Pour on minty cream topping.
8. Sprinkle additional crushed Oreos on top.
9. Cover and place in freezer for at least 3 hours until firm.
Like this? We figured. Why don’t you pin it?