If one of these caramel apples hit Newton’s head, he may never have realized what gravity was because he’d be too busy eating.
Mini White Chocolate Caramel Apple Lollipops
- Prep Time:1 hour 10 minutes
- Cook Time:15-20 minutes
- Total Time:1 hour 30 minutes
- Servings:20-40 mini caramel apples
- 12 oz soft caramel squares
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice (optional)
- 12 oz white chocolate chips
- 5 apples
- 20-40 wooden sticks (sometimes in caramel bags) or wooden coffee stirrers
- Toppings (sprinkles, mini chocolate chips, nuts, whatever)
If individually wrapped, unwrap the caramel squares and put in a pot with the pumpkin spice. Melt on low heat, about 15-20 minutes.
Put the white chocolate in another bowl and microwave in 20 second intervals, stirring in between, until melted.
Use a melon baller to scoop little balls of apple. Place a stick halfway into each piece.
#SpoonTip: No melon baller? Just cut into cubes.
Dunk the apple pieces completely in the chocolate. Tap or swirl off extra chocolate and put them on a parchment-lined tray or other nonstick surface. Refrigerate until the chocolate is hard, about 10-20 minutes.
#SpoonTip: To dry the outside, dab the pieces on a paper towel before dunking.
When the caramel is lukewarm, dip the apples. Let the excess drip off, and then cover them with whatever you want.
#SpoonTip: Refrigerate the apples right after dipping for 30 minutes (or freeze) to keep the caramel from falling.