Caramel popcorn is a signature treat from fall through winter. There is something about its warm, crisp, sweet and salty qualities that make it a festive favorite. Caramel corn is great for an afternoon snack or to munch on during a cozy movie night in—watching a Halloween or Christmas classic of course.
There’s no need to waste time baking in an oven or trekking to the store and spending money on caramel corn when you canwhip up a batch in 10 minutes using the microwave. Compete with Garret Popcorn Shops with this easy and delicious recipe (or at least try, because can anybody actually make better popcorn than Garett?).
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Cook Time: 7 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
4 cups popcorn (about one bag of microwavable popcorn)
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons butter
1 table spoon light corn syrup
1/8 tablespoon salt
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1. Pop the popcorn and place it in a large bowl or paper bag.
2. In a microwave safe bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter, corn syrup, salt and vanilla.
3. Microwave for about 3 minutes. It should be boiling.
4. Take out and stir until well blended.
5. Return to microwave and cook for another minute.
6. Remove from microwave and stir in the baking soda.
7. Add the mixture to a popcorn bowl or bag. Stir or shake until well mixed.
8. Let it sit for a minute or two, and then dig in!