There’s a reason why the kids in the commercial never let the rabbit get ahold of their Trix. It’s because cereal is so damn delicious. Try this easy recipe for homemade cereal bars next time you’re craving a bowl. We promise they’re better than the janky store bought ones your mom packed in your lunchbox.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
1 1/2 cups cereal of your choice (we liked Honey Nut Chex)
1/2 cup mini marshmallows
3 tablespoons butterscotch chips
1 teaspoon butter
1. Spray a microwave safe bowl with cooking spray.
2. Combine the cereal and marshmallows in the bowl.
3. Microwave for 45 seconds.
4. Mix together the marshmallows and cereal until combined.
5. While still warm, use your hands to grab the cereal mixture and shape into rectangles.
6. Top with extra add-ons.
7. Let cool and enjoy.
Directions for the butterscotch topping:
1. Combine the butter and butterscotch chips in a microwave safe bowl.
2. Microwave for 35 seconds.
3. Stir the mixture until smooth. If necessary, microwave for an additional 5-10 seconds.
4. Use a spoon to put the butterscotch on top of the bars.