Lemon meringue pie − the lemon and pie + the shape of a Hershey’s Kiss =  heavenly meringue cookies.

These light-as-air cookies are low-calorie and easy to make. Get excited to master the technique and impress your friends with this awesome recipe.

Meringue Cookies

• Prep Time:15 minutes
  • Cook Time:1 hour
  • Total Time:1 hour and 15 minutes
  • Servings:60 small cookies

• 2 eggs
  • 8 tablespoon white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt

Preheat the oven to 250°F.

Separate egg whites from yolks and pour just the whites into a large, very dry mixing bowl.

#SpoonTip: Make sure there’s absolutely no moisture in the bowl or your egg whites won’t form peaks.

With an electric mixer, turn the speed on high and mix until fluffy. This should take at least 3 minutes, be patient and look for the formation of soft peaks.

With the mixer still on high, add 6 of the 8 tablespoons of the sugar and salt and blend the ingredients.

Turn the mixer off. Fold in the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar and the vanilla extract. Be careful not to over-stir at this step because the ingredients are already well-mixed.

#SpoonTip: Once you’ve mastered this basic recipe, feel free to add nuts, chocolate chips or even peppermint extract with red food coloring for the holidays. Get creative!

Spoon the mix into a gallon-sized Ziploc bag and cut a small hole in the bottom corner of the bag. Squeeze golf ball-sized servings of the mix onto a greased cookie sheet.

#SpoonTip: To make the meringues look even more legit, peak the very tip over with the bag to resemble a wave-like top.

Place into the heated oven and bake for about 60 minutes. The cookie should be fully hardened, but not collapse at first touch.

Remove from oven and enjoy!

Photo by Abby Mainwaring