For all of us who love pizza but wish it were a little bit healthier, this crostata is the perfect solution. Made with light phyllo dough, mascarpone cheese and vegetables, this sophisticated alternative to your Saturday night standard is simple and delicious.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
6 ounces mascarpone cheese
10 sheets store-bought phyllo dough
1 medium-sized zucchini squash, thinly sliced
1 large tomato, thinly sliced
½ cup Parmesan, grated
¼ cup olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF.
2. Coat 13×20 baking sheet with olive oil.
3. Mix mascarpone, egg, salt and pepper in small bowl.
4. Place sheets of puff pastry on baking sheet. Spread mascarpone mixture evenly, leaving space on edges.
5. Arrange slices of zucchini and tomato and sprinkle with salt, pepper and Parmesan.
6. Fold over edges of phyllo dough and coat with olive oil.
7. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until crust is brown and crispy.