Summer is all about getting out in the sun, having fun with your friends and traveling wherever you can while on vacation from school. Seeing all your friend’s photos of foreign cuisine can turn you green with envy. But you don’t need to travel half way around the world to try something new. You can make these little Mediterranean themed pizzas right in your own kitchen in a jiffy. It’s the perfect way to experience a different culture without hopping on a plane . And the best thing about it is that you can make each pita just how you like it.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 13 minutes
Servings: However many you like
Herbs (Like basil and parsley)
Crumbled Feta cheese (It’s not necessary to use fat free)
1. Preheat the oven or toaster to 400° F.
2. Chop up your parsley and rip or cut your basil. Use as much or as little as you prefer.
3. Add the parsley to the tomato sauce.
4. Spread sauce on pitas.
5. Sprinkle the crumbled feta over your pitas. Again, use as much as your heart desires.
6. Put however much you want of each of your toppings on the pitas (olives, artichoke hearts, basil and whatever else you like).
7. Pop those puppies on a buttered baking sheet, and leave them in the oven for 8 minutes or until the crusts are crispy.
8. Enjoy your taste of vacation.