To me, springtime means it is time for fresh, clean food that tastes light and sweet and looks like a dream. I eagerly look forward to berry season, which is just a couple months away. With this sweet recipe, you can celebrate the return of berries to your diet. Beware: You’ll want to have more than just one helping. Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Total Time: 5 minutes
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon orange juice or orange liqueur (try Cointreau)
2 teaspoons honey
1 (16 oz) container strawberries, rinsed and sliced
1 (8 oz) container blueberries, rinsed
1 (6 oz) container raspberries, rinsed
1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves (optional)
1. Slice stems off strawberries and slice strawberries in half. Rinse all berries.
2. Whisk lemon juice, orange juice and honey together in a small bowl.
3. Combine the berries and mint in a large bowl.
4. Pour the juice mixture on the berries.
5. Toss gently to coat.
6. Enjoy while sitting on the porch, with your bare feet propped up and the sun setting lazily.