You know those weeks when you’re so busy you’re genuinely worried about when you’ll have the opportunity eat? This recipe was made for those trying times. Take thirty minutes out of your Sunday night homework marathon, throw just five ingredients into one pot, and you’ll have dinner for an entire week. The fresh taste of the salsa verde combined with the crunch of the corn and creamy texture of the black beans will give you an energy boost-in-a-bowl when you need it the most.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small bunch green onions, thinly sliced
1 16-ounce jar salsa verde
2 15-ounce cans black beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup frozen corn kernels
1 cup water (or 1 1/2 cups water for less spicy chili)
Juice from one lime (optional)
1. Heat olive oil in a large saucepan.
2. Sauté green onions for about 5 minutes, or until soft.
3. Add salsa, beans, corn, water and lime juice.
4. Bring mixture to a boil.
5. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes.
6. Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper and serve hot.