The best vegetarian dishes make you forget you’re “missing out on anything.” And with this vegetarian breakfast burrito, you really aren’t. The zucchini, squash, tomato, cheese and avocado beautifully bring together their diverse tastes into a little, warm pocket full of quasi-Mexican sunshine. Even better, the recipe packs a nutrient-rich punch and only takes fifteen minutes at the very max to make. Seriously, who doesn’t love breakfast burritos?
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 13 minutes
12 cherry tomatoes
1 cup shredded cheese
1. Slice zucchini and squash into half-circles and cut cherry tomatoes in half.
2. Sauté zucchini and squash in olive oil until soft, then add cherry tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Beat eggs in a separate small bowl and add into pan once tomatoes are wilted. Stir ingredients together in pan.
4. Once eggs are almost set, add cheese and salsa and stir until eggs are just cooked. (Caution: Don’t overcook eggs!)
5. Spoon into tortilla, add avocado and wrap. Sorry, what’s meat again?