Have you ever heard of marshmallow shots? Yeah, didn’t think so. For years, some genius out there has been keeping this secret recipe to themselves. So it is my job to let the world know that yes, there is actually a more enjoyable way to take shots. All you need is alcohol, marshmallows, a fire alarm and a place to be. It’s beyond perfect for those upcoming holiday parties we are all looking forward to. Here, take a shot at it. Or two. Or three.

Easy

Prep Time: None
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes

Servings: Limitless

1 bottle of Kalua liqueur (coffee or mocha flavored)
1 bag of medium to large marshmallows

Holiday Marshmallow Shots

Photo by Tiare Brown

1. Take one marshmallow and stick it on a fork. Hold the marshmallow close to the stove so that it browns or burns all sides, except the side that has the fork in it. This is so the marshmallow can concave to form a shot glass. I have found that it is better to really brown the marshmallow so that its easier for it to cave in.

Toasted Marshmallow Cup

Photo by Tiare Brown

Toasted Marshmallow Cup

Photo by Tiare Brown

Toasted Marshmallow

Photo by Tiare Brown

2. Place the roasted marshmallow on a plate and gently lift the fork out of it. Let it sit for a bit while the top of the marshmallow starts to concave. You may need to help guide it downwards with a fork.

Toasted Marshmallow Cup

Photo by Tiare Brown

3. Pour a shot of Kahula liqueur into the marshmallow crater. Then, cheers to the freakin’ weekend.

Holiday Marshmallow Shots

Photo by Tiare Brown

Holiday Marshmallow Shots

Photo by Tiare Brown