Some days I really just want to lay on my couch, eat an entire bowl of buffalo chicken dip, and watch Grey’s Anatomy. Then I also don’t want to gain all those calories and feel sick to my stomach from that heavy @$s dip.
Buffalo, chicken, and cheese go together like peanut butter and jelly, so why not turn them into a sandwich that is a little bit lighter? This buffalo chicken melt combines three of the most craved dishes: buffalo chicken dip, buffalo pizza, and avocado toast.
Thanks to the Gina Homolka’s Skinnytaste cookbook, this recipe is easy to manipulate and make your own to impress your friends. Be prepared though, your friends will want you to make this over and over again.
Gluten Free, Dairy Free, or Vegan option easily available.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 6 minutes
Total Time: 21 minutes
1 ½ shredded chicken (Tofu option for Vegetarians)
¼ cup chopped celery
¼ cup chopped onion
¼ cup chopped carrot
2 tablespoons ranch dressing (Vegan Ranch available)
¼ cup buffalo sauce (Vegan Buffalo sauce available)
4 slices multigrain bread (gluten free if needed), toasted slightly
4 tomato slices
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (Vegan cheese option)
1. Preheat oven to “broil”.
2. Combine the chicken, celery, onion, carrot, and buffalo sauce in a bowl and mix.
Note: If you want to cook ahead of time, stop at this step and place ingredients in fridge.
3. Layer the toast with ranch dressing and top with tomato slice.
4. Top with chicken mixture and then add cheese.
5. Place toast on pan lined with parchment and put in oven for 10 min or until cheese is melted to a golden brown.
6. Top with salt and pepper, pepper, or hot sauce and enjoy.
Can’t get enough? Check these out