Living in the dorms makes it way too difficult to stress bake. There’s no outlet for me to release my inner creativity through sweets and then stuff my face in them while no one’s looking. To be honest, I miss it. Like, really badly.
This isn’t your basic cake-in-a-mug recipe. They’re rice crispy treats. In the microwave. ‘Nuff said.
It’s not like Rice Krispies are hard to make in the first place, but making them microwavable just speeds up the process, which is good because, let’s be honest, I can’t wait to eat these. We all know that there’s a difference between store-bought and homemade Rice Krispie treats, and now you don’t have to settle for the former just because you don’t have a kitchen. Plus, you can personalize them with school colors in a matter of seconds to show your Michigan pride. Adding M&Ms to desserts is never a bad idea. If you’re anything like me, you might want to make a few pans. These go quickly.
nike free womens shoes
Prep Time: 1 min
Cook Time: 9 min
Total Time: 10 min
Servings: 1 – 12
3 tablespoons butter
1 package large marshmallows
1 box rice cereal
1 bag M&Ms (I picked out the maize and blue ones to use, of course)
You’ll also need:
Microwave safe bowl
Baking pan or plastic containers (this is college)
- In a large microwave safe bowl, mix 3 tablespoons of butter and 1 package of large marshmallows. Microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Remove from microwave and stir until smooth.
pink air max
3. Gradually add in rice cereal and M&Ms. Stir until well coated.
4. Spread mixture onto a pan/plastic container. Refrigerate for 20 minutes (if you can wait that long).
5. Cut into whatever sizes you want. We won’t judge.