The fruits and vegetables section of the grocery stores are now stocked with voluptuous looking raspberries, blueberries and strawberries, contradictory to the overpriced, scrawny ones of winter. So it’s time to take advantage of fresh produce and incorporate berries into just about everything. Stawberry jam, blueberry pancakes, peach salad, and you can’t forget the fruity cocktails. Make your own simple raspberry mojito which combines the berries of summer with the breeze of a cocktail.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
1 tablespoon raspberry syrup (less if you like a less-sweet mojito)
10 mint leaves
½ lime, quartered
1 ½ tablespoons silver rum
1 ½ tablespoons vodka
1 cup ice
½ cup club soda or sparkling water
1. In a shaker or mason jar, combine the mint leaves, raspberries, syrup and lime quarters.
2. Muddle or crush the mixture so that the mint leaves release oils and the raspberries are finely pureed.
2. Add the alcohol and 1/2 of the ice.
3. Shake the mixture to combine.
4. Pour into a glass filled with the remaining ice and add the club soda.
5. Garnish with a slice of lime and enjoy.