Whether it be a paper or a midterm, there is hardly a minute in your day to spare. While this results in high schoolwork productivity, this brings my personal laziness levels at an all time high.

salad

Photo courtesy of giphy.com

Instead of taking 20 minutes to make a meal for myself, I often resort to postmates or any of the numerous fast-casual resturant options around me. While my stomach can’t complain, my wallet and wardrobe would defiantly beg to differ.

The solution is cooking for myself, but in the most efficient way possible – copy-cat recipes. My favorite is this shaved brussels sprouts and date salad from Lemonade.This recipe is easy and quick to make and only gets better with time (reasonably) so it’s great to continue to munch on especially when I am crunched for time. With this copy-cat recipe, you can bring this healthy and filling salad to your own kitchen.

Shaved Brussels Sprouts and Date Salad

• Prep Time:15 minutes
  • Cook Time:1 hour
  • Total Time:1 hour 15 minutes

• 5 tbsp. White balsamic vinegar
  • 4 leaves Sage, chopped
  • 1/4 tsp. Sea salt
  • 1/8 tsp. Ground black pepper
  • 2 tsp. Prepared horseradish
  • 5 tbsp. Olive oil
  • 5 Medjool dates, chopped
  • 2 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated
  • 1/2 lb Brussels sprouts, shaved
Photo by Madeline Wilson

Remove pit from dates and roughly chop.

Photo by Madeline Wilson

Remove sage leaves from stem and chop.

In a medium-sized bowl, combine the white balsamic vinegar, sage, horseradish, sea salt, and pepper. Slowly whisk in the olive oil.

Photo by Madeline Wilson

Toss shaved brussels sprouts, dates, and vinagarette in a large bowl.

Toss in 1 1/2 oz. shaved parmesan.

Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour to allow the flavor to develop.

#SpoonTip: The longer you let it rest, the more flavorful it will be. Refrigerate for a day for maximum results. This also makes for good leftovers.

Sprinkle on leftover shaved parmesean before serving.