The microwave and mug duo prove themselves worthy, once again, in this ridiculously quick and healthy (all five food groups included) quiche in a mug recipe. Flaunt your microwave skills and satisfy your taste buds with this beautiful, in a class all by itself, creation.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Cook Time: about 2 minutes
Total Time: about 5 minutes
1 teaspoon butter
2 tablespoons milk
1 pinch pepper
1 pinch salt
3 cherry tomatoes
¼ cup spinach
2 tablespoons ham
½ slice bread
1 tablespoon shredded cheese
1. Microwave butter in a narrow cup for about 20 seconds. (Make sure the cup isn’t too wide or else the quiche won’t be able to rise nicely.)
2. Crack egg and pour milk into cup.
3. Mix in pepper and salt for taste. If desired, add some sriracha or salsa to spice things up. Whisk mixture with fork until egg is broken up and evenly mixed in with milk.
4. Dice cherry tomatoes into quarters.
5. Chop off spinach stems and slice leaves into halves.
6. Cut ham.
7. Add tomatoes, spinach and ham to egg mixture.
8. Tear bread into penny-sized pieces.
9. Add cheese and give all contents inside mug a few stirs to equally distribute ingredients.
10. Press ingredients down with a fork to submerge them within the egg mixture. Pat, pat, pat.
11. Microwave mug for about 1 minute 30 seconds-2 minutes or until the egg is fully cooked.
Like this? We figured. Why don’t you pin it?
More ways to have fun with your microwave: