While perusing Pinterest and procrastinating for my Econ exam, I stumbled upon this mouthwatering idea: Chocolate Strawberry Cake. These are possibly my three favorite words in the English language, but put together? Unbelievable. Plus, all of the ingredients in this recipe were pre-made, so the opportunity cost (I swear I studied) of baking the cake versus studying wasn’t nearly as high. Econ jokes aside, with a kitchen at my disposal and strawberry season slowly but surely on its way, I set out to start baking. And boy, was the result delicious.
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Total Time: 40 min
Servings: 24 slices
1 box of chocolate cake mix
1 cup water
3 tsp. vegetable oil
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 can strawberry pie filling
1 container Cool Whip
1 can chocolate frosting
1 carton strawberries
1. Preheat to 350°F. Mix chocolate cake mix, eggs, vegetable oil and water in a bowl.
2. Spread cake batter into a 13 x 9 pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
3. Poke holes all over the cake with a knife.
4. Pour sweetened condensed milk all over cake, filling all holes. Let cake cool on cooling rack for 10 minutes. It should look like this…
5. Remove tin foil from frosting can and heat in microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and spread over cake.
6. Mix pie filling and cool whip in a separate bowl until smooth. Spread on top of chocolate frosting.
7. Wash, slice and arrange strawberries on cake.
7. Refrigerate (optional).
8. Slice cake into however many servings. (We won’t judge).
nike air max 90 premium
Other Delicious Desserts: