This simple and hearty Italian pasta dish decadently fuses ham, cheese and peas, which incorporates almost everything you could ever need (or want) in life.
If you want to impress your friends or family, cook up this deceptively easy authentic Italian recipe:
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12-15 minutes
Total Time: 22-25 minutes
Servings: 4-5 (but it may be hard to share)
1 cup thick ham slices, cut up into small pieces
¾ box your favorite type of pasta
1 1-lb. bag frozen sweet peas
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
½ cup chicken broth or ½ cup reserved pasta water
Salt and pepper
Italian salad dressing, red chili flakes and shaky parmesan cheese to taste
1. Cut the baked ham into small pieces. Set aside.
2. Cook pasta as directed on the box.
3. While the pasta is cooking, microwave the peas as directed on the package.
4. Drain pasta. In a large bowl, mix the pasta and chicken broth/pasta water together. Drizzle pasta with Italian dressing.
5. Add ham and peas to mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Add chili flakes for a kick.
6. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top and stir thoroughly. Garnish with more cheese if desired.
7. Eat and be happy.
Check out these other related recipes: